Position: Administrative Assistant
Location: Washington, D.C.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
We are seeking a motivated, detail-oriented, highly collaborative individual to join our fast-growing innovative team as an administrative assistant to the CEO. This role will report directly to the CEO, helping with the coordination and execution of short-term objectives and long-term strategic goals of the company. This position will also work with key executive team members, helping to provide project and operations support as needed. Knowledge of the insurance brokerage industry is preferred, but not required. We are seeking candidates who display a positive and proactive attitude, high degree of discretion, as well as strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and multitask.
• Manage CEO’s calendar, meeting requests, and inbound phone calls.
• Perform administrative duties such as mail, ordering office supplies, deliveries, filing, photocopying, organizing, faxing, etc.
• Manage CEO travel arrangements as requested.
• Compose, type, and distribute meeting notes, routine correspondence, and reports as requested.
• Provide data entry and systems management support.
• Work at the direction of the CEO on tasks and projects for internal and external purposes, including project support for executive team members.
• Prepare informational or reference materials as requested.
• Assist CEO with correspondence, client follow-ups and paperwork.
• Respond timely to all communications with clear, concise and appropriate language to the intended recipient(s); emails are formatted, streamlined and effective
• Draft, proofread, and put together client facing communications as needed.
• Assist with key project management, adhering to timelines and target completion dates.
• Provide ongoing support for operations team as needed.
• Track invoices, expenses, and carrier commission reports.
• Manage conference room meeting reservations, and calendar invitations/requests on behalf of the CEO.
• Manage department luncheons, catering requests and event execution as needed.
• Proactively anticipate administrative support and provide assistance as needed across departments.
Collaborative and Capacity Building Responsibilities
• Must be a self-motivated, goal oriented, and solutions focused individual with the ability to execute tasks with minimal supervision.
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment where time-management and prioritization skills are essential.
• Excellent time management skills and scheduling day-to-day tasks efficiently and effectively prioritizing work.
• Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written skills.
• Experience in maintaining confidentiality and handling sensitive personnel/client information, company materials and other such matters with discretion and tact.
• Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and execute complex and continuing assignments using work plans and business process maps.
• Ability to comprehend oral and written instructions and execute tasks.
• Engage colleagues, peers and company leadership as an active listener and contributor.
• Thrive in an intensely collaborative, entrepreneurial environment.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• 2+ years of administrative assistant experience in an office environment.
• 2+ years of customer service experience
• Proven administrative experience.
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
• Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
• Life and Health insurance license preferred but not required.
• P&C insurance license preferred but not required.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher.
• Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of software, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
Company Benefits Offerings
We offer a suite of benefits that help you safeguard your health, plan for your future and ensure the security of those you care about, including:
• 100% employer paid health insurance, life, disability, dental, and vision insurance.
• Fitness center.
• Company provided cell phone.
• Exceptional opportunities for career growth
• Generous PTO package
• Metro accessible office location: Farragut West Metro and Farragut North Metro.
To apply, please send a copy of your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the position title in the subject line.