Location: Washington, D.C.
Reports to: Director, Operations
The Associate is responsible for providing operational management support for general servicing, placement, renewal and customer assistance of new and existing commercial accounts, whether managed directly or through the channel partners. The Operations Associate possesses strong attention to detail in business process and strives for continuous improvement in customer retention, consultative engagements and account rounding initiatives. The Operations Associate reports to the Director of Operations and works in a highly collaborative manner, ensuring company resources are brought to bear in supporting commercial sales.
- Financial and Strategic Responsibilities
- Operational management of existing partner performance and adherence to financial targets.
- Execution of partnership service strategy, including customer account rounding, stored quotes management.
- Ensure partner adoption of online insurance quoting and other web-based services, as available.
- Adherence to a minimum 90% retention rate of existing client relationships.
- Assist in the development and management oversight of service levels, business process and value creation through existing clients and networks.
- Success client/broker-facing engagement on new and existing commercial accounts.
- Troubleshoot client service related matters covering the company’s value chain (e.g. service, claims, etc…).
- Ongoing monitoring and strategy adjustments based on competitive dynamics, market potential and outlook across partnership territory.
- Business Process Responsibilities
- Operational service, quoting and management of partnership insurance inquiries.
- Proactive management and oversight of back-end systems, policy renewal, endorsements, CRM systems and service standards.
- Ongoing maintenance of monthly renewal performance reporting.
- Front-line execution of overall Risk Cooperative campaigns, marketing and sales drives.
- Help to drive campaigns, product launches, sales and marketing initiatives.
- Operational and technical management of Risk Cooperative systems and internal operating standards.
- Drive continuous operational improvements, service standards and excellence.
- Lead the open enrollment processes, including updating systems and insurance carriers in a timely fashion.
- Proactively process and respond to clients as needed to process and update client and employee details.
- Development of partner facing materials, such as proof of insurance, and others as needed.
Collaborative and Capacity Building Responsibilities
- No direct reporting relationships.
- Participation in the overall management, operations and strategic development of the Risk Cooperative team.
- Ensure that partner and commercial client service concerns, product enhancements and requirements are acted upon.
- Foster service excellence and partner feedback.
- Engage colleagues, peers and company leadership as an active listener and contributor.
- Work actively with company divisions on the operational realities of partner service management.
Knowledge, Competencies and Skills
The Operations Associate possesses technical proficiency of the insurance, risk management, financial services or professional services industry. P&C and L&H licensed preferred, if not must be willing to obtain them within the first 90 days of employment. The Operations Associate is a proactive, service-oriented leader capable of delivering consistent service standards. Possessing high analytical skills, the Operations Associate is capable of driving consistent client satisfaction and financial returns. Experience in excelling in highly demanding customer service environments is essential. The Operations Associate demonstrates poise and professionalism and is passionate about performance and selfless in developing the success of others. The Operations Associate thrives in an intensely collaborative, entrepreneurial environment. Prior insurance or risk management experience is a plus.
To apply, please send a copy of your resume/CV to email@example.com, and include the position title in the subject line.