Position: Insurance Sales Producer – Employee Benefits and Group Medical
Come join our dynamic and fast growing MBE certified insurance brokerage! We are looking for a highly motivated and success driven employee benefits insurance producer to join our team. Licensed across all 50 states and staffed with a best in class support team, our brokerage will provide you with all the tools and resources necessary to ensure success.
Producers with existing book of business to transfer are highly desired but not required.
Risk Cooperative is an MBE certified specialized strategy, risk and insurance advisory firm licensed to originate, place and service insurance solutions in all 50 states, D.C., and Puerto Rico. Risk Cooperative helps organizations address risk, readiness and resilience through a comprehensive suite of service offerings.
The Insurance Sales Producer role provides a base salary + uncapped commission potential in addition to a robust employee benefits package.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and overcome sales obstacles on a prospect-specific basis.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the discovery process (sales due diligence) and demonstrating Risk Cooperative USP’s to clients.
- Demonstrate the technical knowledge necessary to communicate services to range of client stakeholders and decision makers.
- Systematically use CRM to support sales processes, including input of accurate and timely information relative to first appointments, follow-up appointments, conceptual/finalist meetings, etc., to facilitate realistic corporate sales and revenue projections.
- Attend and actively participate in carrier trainings sessions, and remain abreast of market and compliance trends.
- Successfully develop and deploy sales and marketing strategies along with periodic communications to optimize company position in the marketplace.
- Positively and proactively represent Risk Cooperative in meetings, seminars, trade shows and networking events.
- Work collaboratively with the account management team and national/regional resources to maximize results.
- Attend conferences, networking and prospecting events as needed to secure new business opportunities.
- Coordinate with support teams on client renewals and open enrollments as pre-determined
- Lead RFP identification and responses across corporate, non-profit and federal client opportunities.
- Lead outbound prospecting activities, client engagements and sales, including cold calling
- Other duties as assigned
Professional Qualifications & Experience
- 3-5 years commercial insurance brokerage experience
- Minimum 2 years employee benefits and group medical experience (Required)
- Active Life and Health Insurance License (Required)
- Active Property and Casualty License (preferred but not required)
- Detail oriented, self-starter and highly motivated personality
- Proven business to business sales experience, including calling on senior executives and a track record of financial success. (Prior sales performance verification required)
- Must be a personable, highly motivated, goal-oriented and organized individual that is driven to achieve individual sales goals.
- Superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organization and follow-up skills.
- Excellent listening skills with a strong customer focus.
- Good teamwork skills with an ability to work with minimum supervision.
- College degree or higher preferred.
- Legally able to work in the U.S. (Required)
Compensation: Base salary plus commission
Company Benefits Offerings
Risk Cooperative offers a suite of benefits that help team members safeguard health, plan for their future and promote professional development and growth. Our benefits include:
- Unlimited earning potential – No commission caps
- Administrative back office and customer service support
- 100% employer paid health insurance, life, disability, dental, and vision insurance.
- Paid holidays, vacation, personal days and sick time.
- Flexible schedule and leave policy.
- Professional development and mentoring programs