Position: Associate, Operations
Location: Washington, D.C.
Reports to: Director of Operations
Risk Cooperative is a specialized strategy, risk and insurance advisory firm licensed to originate, place and service insurance solutions in all 50 states, D.C., and Puerto Rico. Risk Cooperative helps organizations address risk, readiness and resilience through a comprehensive suite of service offerings. As one to the leading, innovative, and entrepreneurial firms in the industry, we are seeking highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to join our fast-growing firm.
The Associate role plays a critical function in maintaining the organizations operational excellence levels and ensuring customer satisfaction. This role works as part of the operations team providing administrative support and customer support across the commercial and benefits insurance book of business. Key functions include customer service assistance, billing support, carrier communication, quote and renewal support, certificate issuance and other functions as needed. This position works collaboratively across company divisions to help meet key objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide operational support for the servicing and administration of insurance book of business.
- Provide Customer service support for inbound inquiries, carrier communications, and general customer service requests.
- Provide support for account rounding, stored quotes management.
- Assist in the development and execution of customer facing documents, policy audits, billing, and other functions as necessary.
- Assist in the development and management oversight of service levels, business process and value creation through existing clients and networks.
- Assist with general administrative and operations functions.
- Troubleshoot client service-related matters (e.g., claims, etc.).
- Assist with updating and management of back-end systems, policy renewal, endorsements, CRM systems and service standards.
- Drive continuous operational improvements, service standards and excellence.
- Attend industry related continuing education training and courses.
- Collaborate and supports colleagues as needed, as well as contributes to continuous operational improvements, service standards and excellence.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Position Requirements & Skills
- Associates degree or higher.
- Minimum 1 year or more of commercial insurance experience.
- Minimum 1 year or more account management, professional services, or customer service experience.
- Current P&C and/or L&H license required. (Must be willing to obtain dual licenses within the first 90 days of employment).
- Must be a proactive, service-oriented individual capable of delivering consistent service standards.
- Possess high analytical and detail-oriented skills.
- Demonstrated capability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Experience excelling in highly demanding customer service environments is essential.
- Strong knowledge of Employee Navigator, Agency Management Systems, and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Legally able to work in United States
Qualifications & Experience
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Teamwork – Thrives in a highly collaborative environment, supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Quality Management – Demonstrates high attention to detail.
- Project Management – Ability to lead projects independently and adhere to deadlines.
Compensation: Base salary plus bonus potential
Company Benefits Offerings
Risk Cooperative offers a suite of benefits that help team members safeguard health, plan for their future and promote professional development and growth. Our benefits include:• 100% employer paid health insurance, life, disability, dental, and vision insurance.
- 100% employer paid health insurance, life, disability, dental, and vision insurance.
- Paid holidays, vacation, personal days and sick time.
- Flexible schedule and leave policy.
- On site fitness center access.
- Professional development and mentoring programs.